FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Palace at San Fran startins at $126 per night -SPG 50% promo
Old Mar 20, 2009, 3:59 pm
DCBob

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by wcj1
I agree that is the easiest, but I firmly believe that for small dollar amounts like this the credit card company just eats it. For me, half of it is trying to get the company to own up to their mistake, but if the cc company eats it then it just ends there.

Now credit card companies are making outrageous fees, so maybe they are getting their due. Or maybe it is just a vicious circle. I am still trying to figure out where it ends and what matters more, if anything.

BillJ
Sorry, but the charge was correctly disclosed on the phone card (so it must have been one VERY long call to end up totaling $22), so it would be dishonest and unethical to dispute the charge with the credit card company.

But if the OP doesn't want to do business with that hotel again, that's fine. He should certainly call or email the general manager DIRECTLY and let him know that. The general manager (if he's any good) will likely reverse the charge.

Desk clerks (and I know because I used to be one) are strictly required to follow most rules and can't bend them just because a guest feels the charges are outrageous (even when they are).