FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baggage operations at PHL?
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2009, 2:17 pm
PHLstudent

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by philamike
So I keep hearing that US is improving its levels of customer of operational service. I flew them to-from PHL-FLL last week -- both flights departed/arrived on time. But when I arrived home in PHL, it took 56 minutes from gate arrival until the first bags started appearing on the baggage claim carousel.

I sent a comment to US when I got home, and received this lovely reply:
Thank you for contacting US Airways Customer Relations. I would like to extend my apology for the inconvenience of the delay at the carousel in Philadelphia. I have documented your experience to forward to the Philadelphia Station Manager to assist us in improving our future service. Regrettably, we are unable to refund the $15.00 first checked bag fee to process your bag. We do appreciate your business, and we hope to provide you with a better experience on a future flight.

Sincerely,

Rick Beim
US Airways Customer Relations
Corporate Office
So have baggage operations at PHL really improved, and I just had an unfortunate, isolated experience? Or are they still unable to fix this seemingly chronic problem?

- Mike :-)
Baggage has always been slow in Philly. I think where they have made some improvements is in bags lost. 56 minutes does seem like more than usual, my wait time is usually been anywhere from 15-30 minutes, after getting to baggage claim.