FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Catering on Cityjet
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2009, 10:53 am
Henry III

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by Squerez
For sure, this is my opinion and also the reason why I escape assistants wanting to show me "how it works..."
I was accosted by such an assistant at LCY once upon a time: he could see I was having a problem with the robot (it wanted to know which of my several booked flights I wanted to check-in for); he suggested that, if I had a Flying Blue card, I should insert it in the appropriate place (suggestions on a postcard, please ). Almost as he finished speaking, my Platinum card was returned by the machine, and a look of shock appeared on the assistant's face: "Oh, you have one of those!"

He tried doing everything I had done (exactly the same way) and the robot still couldn't work out that I wished to check in for the flight leaving from the airport I was in on the day I was there! Then he trotted off to the check-in counters and started reading a long roll of computer printout.

Meanwhile, I dug out my BP from the down flight a few days earlier, which had the e-ticket number on it; I typed in this and then I got my BP. By the time the assistant had returned, I was at the top of the escalator going to the boarding zone! I guess if I had waited for him, he may have given me the £3.50 voucher!