Catering on Cityjet

Old Mar 12, 09, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Catering on Cityjet

Hi all

I'm going to take my first Air France / Cityjet flight soon and i'd like to know what kind of catering I should expect on the first flight out of DUB (to LCY) and the last flight back from LCY in economy. Do they give something substancial, or just a biscuit?
Old Mar 12, 09, 10:01 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Platsku (OW Emerald), FB, SBB GA, Bonvoy Gold, ACCOR, Coop card, Aligro Card, Porsche Club Suisse
It depends on what time of the day you leave... Don't expect a tray or anything, but more like a croissant or pain-au-chocolat...

In between "meal" flights one is usually served cookies or some kind of snack...

Oh, try not to get a seat in row 6 as this row has no windows on either side...

Last edited by Cupart; Mar 12, 09 at 10:12 am
Old Mar 12, 09, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Great thanks! My flight leaves DUB at 630am approx, and the return leaves LCY at 720pm. First time flying with Cityjet, excited!
Old Mar 12, 09, 10:53 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold; Accor Gold.
The meal/snack also depends on the length of the flight: I do EDI-LCY quite a lot, and the snack is generally just a packet of fennel-flavoured 'things'. But on EDI-CDG its sometimes a sandwich (wow!) and sometimes a packet of fennel-flavoured things and a packet of cheese-flavoured nibbles.

Depending on whether you have a French or Irish crew (I never know which is which with "wet" and "dry" metal), you'll also be offered plenty of booze (Irish and some French crews) or just one drink (most French crews). Ask for the vin blanc gazeuse!
Old Mar 12, 09, 12:28 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Flying Blue Platinum, Executive Club nobody, Hilton Gold, Sol Melia MAS Gold
you will receive a pastry and some juice/coffee
Old Mar 12, 09, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Henry III View Post
Ask for the vin blanc gazeuse!
Waters are gazeuses but wines are mousseux.
Old Mar 12, 09, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Gold, Marriott Lifetime Premier Platinum
CityJet are adorable and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The aircraft is cramped by design but the seats are comfy and the catering is appropriate - you should get a pastry in the morning and a sandwich coming back. I've always managed to scrounge a second G&T from crews regardless of their nationality

Do you have elite Skyteam status? If so don't forget to claim your £3.50 catering voucher for use at LCY in lieu of a lounge.

As mentioned, aim for row 3, 4 or 5. Further forward the lockers are occuped and further back the lockers shrink under the wing. If you can't manage that, go for 10 or further back.
Old Mar 12, 09, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I've similarly never had any problems getting two or more drinks regardless of the nationalities of the crews (which are very often mixed any way!) If anything, the French crews sometimes tend to offer a 2nd sandwich as well when the flight is not full. I find Cityjet an extremely pleasant airline to fly. Do only worry if there is heavy fog planned in London for your morning departure as LCY has a tendency to close down a bit too easily for my taste when it happens. Otherwise, expect narrow seats but on time flights, nice crews and ok snacks for such a short flight.
Old Mar 12, 09, 1:39 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by ajamieson View Post
Do you have elite Skyteam status? If so don't forget to claim your £3.50 catering voucher for use at LCY in lieu of a lounge.
You should also ask for newspapers at the check-in or baggage drop counter, whether you are Elite or not.
Old Mar 13, 09, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by NickB View Post
Waters are gazeuses but wines are mousseux.
The point is that a French FA will then feed me as much of the bubbly as possible, in an attempt to prevent any further assault by me on his/her beautiful language. An Irish FA's command of French may be either in my league or in yours, but I've still got what I asked for most of the time.

This is news to me! Where do I get these vouchers? Normally, I use OLCI for going down (EDI-LCY) and I have no hold baggage, so I don't get a human encounter before boarding; on the return, I just use the robot at LCY to print my BP, so same thing!

As mentioned, aim for row 3, 4 or 5. Further forward the lockers are occuped and further back the lockers shrink under the wing. If you can't manage that, go for 10 or further back.
That's assuming the Avros aren't replaced with Dorniers on the DUB route, like they seem to be with EDI; if so, much of this thread loses relevance ...

CityJet are adorable and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
... but not that bit! It's always a pleasure to fly CityJet and, as said a few posts up, regardless of the crew nationality!

--H
Old Mar 13, 09, 9:16 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Henry III View Post
This is news to me! Where do I get these vouchers? Normally, I use OLCI for going down (EDI-LCY) and I have no hold baggage, so I don't get a human encounter before boarding; on the return, I just use the robot at LCY to print my BP, so same thing!

--H
That's why I always try to make check-in with a human
Robots do not give me any additional information and are helpful mostly for COST-CUTTING only for airlines.

For sure, this is my opinion and also the reason why I escape assistants wanting to show me "how it works...".
No thanks: I want to have a human contact ...
Old Mar 13, 09, 11:14 am

Programs: Delta SKYMILES SM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS GOLD, PRIORITY PASS
catering voucher for use at LCY in lieu of a lounge

[QUOTE=ajamieson;11404014]Do you have elite Skyteam status? If so don't forget to claim your £3.50 catering voucher for use at LCY in lieu of a lounge.QUOTE]

Never knew this, don't fly to LCY that often but am Elite Plus
Old Mar 13, 09, 11:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Gold, Marriott Lifetime Premier Platinum
Yeah, it was an unexpected pleasure. As mentioned above £3.50 barely gets your a beer or a sandwich and the voucher is only redeemable airside but it is a nice gesture. I suspect if you were stuck there for a long time or pressed the point you might get a second voucher or one for a higher value.
Old Mar 13, 09, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Squerez View Post
For sure, this is my opinion and also the reason why I escape assistants wanting to show me "how it works..."
I was accosted by such an assistant at LCY once upon a time: he could see I was having a problem with the robot (it wanted to know which of my several booked flights I wanted to check-in for); he suggested that, if I had a Flying Blue card, I should insert it in the appropriate place (suggestions on a postcard, please ). Almost as he finished speaking, my Platinum card was returned by the machine, and a look of shock appeared on the assistant's face: "Oh, you have one of those!"

He tried doing everything I had done (exactly the same way) and the robot still couldn't work out that I wished to check in for the flight leaving from the airport I was in on the day I was there! Then he trotted off to the check-in counters and started reading a long roll of computer printout.

Meanwhile, I dug out my BP from the down flight a few days earlier, which had the e-ticket number on it; I typed in this and then I got my BP. By the time the assistant had returned, I was at the top of the escalator going to the boarding zone! I guess if I had waited for him, he may have given me the £3.50 voucher!
Old Mar 13, 09, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Yeah, it was an unexpected pleasure. As mentioned above £3.50 barely gets your a beer or a sandwich and the voucher is only redeemable airside but it is a nice gesture. I suspect if you were stuck there for a long time or pressed the point you might get a second voucher or one for a higher value.
I usually get none or two .

Search this Thread