FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2009, 8:18 am
rentalguy

Programs: aeroplan,amex platinum,hilton honours, emerald club elite, priority club
Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
I have one as well.

How come National Customer Service is getting slower and slower to respond to e-mail inquiries, if they even respond at all?

I remember not long ago National was the king of CS...I'd send an e-mail question or comment and get a response within 24 hours, as promised by the website. Now they've changed to say they'll respond "in a timely manner". My last inquiry went a whole month before I got a response, the response being them telling me sorry it's taking so long. I've noticed this only seemed to happen after National switched over to the ERAC-style "discussion thread" system, does that have something to do with it?

I'm not meaning to sound complainy, more just curious as to how they went on this slide from having once been the best, and wondering if anything is being done about it.

Cheers,

Tuneman
Hi Tuneman,

I'm surprised about that as we usually hear back at an Operations level for any service issues usually within 48hrs. On top of that, anytime a complaint or service issue comes in (either through the website, customer service line etc), a QSP (Quality Service Program) file is opened. If the issue is resolved at that time, then fine. Otherwise we recieve a report daily for any OPEN or pending service issues. We need to resolve the compaint within 48hrs after its received at a city level. In fact we get ANOTHER report and get s**t if we haven't done so. Part of the delay could be becuase they are trying to consolidate some of the web support and call centres in order to support all 3 brands, but usually the response time is pretty good (I know, as I get the complaints to follow up