FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHOP Free Pancake Day... Mark Your Calendar!
Old Feb 26, 2009, 10:20 am
JonathanIT

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by pistonsdc
Considering the trade off between time and money, how long is it reasonable to wait in line for this? I don't go to IHOP anymore (since I discovered the Original Pancake House), so I don't know what a Short Stack costs. I can't imagine it's more than $4.
Actually, the regular menu price for a short stack at IHOP is $5.29. I was up early that day thanks to some jet lag so i headed out to my local IHOP at around 7:30am. It was busy, but no wait. Had a "never empty" pot of coffee (quite good!) and a short stack. They came in about two minutes and were piping hot... they must have been pumping them out at full speed. It's been a loooong time since I had pancakes at IHOP, they were quite tasty! Enjoyed the many flavored syrups (boysenberry and butter pecan are my faves). And had a leisurely time reading the paper as well. The bill was $2.48, less than I usually pay at SBUX for one grande drink.

Great deal and quite enjoyable; I say keep them coming with these offers, no matter how insignificant they might seem!