FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana (OZ) F HKG-ORD The return to the US (lots of pics)(Part 4)
Old Feb 17, 2009, 9:39 am
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
KA lounge in HKG

KA lounge in HKG

As usual, lounge attendant only care about my invite, not boarding pass, if you lost your invite along the way, anyone get pick it up and use the lounge.
This KA lounge although in HKG, in my opinion much worse that the RCC near gate 60, and it also seems to be gone downhill quite a bit since my last visit few years ago. Furniture still the same old ones, lighting is dark, quite depressing, not many drink choices either. There were a total of 2 newspaper racks in such a busy lounge, although most I see are only newspapers, they don't bother to refill either. The only good thing about this lounge is the cook-to-order Hong Kong style noodles soup. Although the KA lounge big in size, did not see that many people working inside to clear dishes. I have finished my noodles for 15 min, no one bother to pick it up. In RCC, I saw at least 10 people working inside, checking and refilling the food, clearing up dirty plates, those guys in there just in standby mode all the time.

Food counter

Seating area

Cook-to-order Hong Kong style noodle soup with wonton and fish ball.
This is separate from the food counter inside the lounge, the lounge is in L shape, after you go all the way to the end, you will see a separate counter on your right side. There is a paper for you to click on what ingredients do you want, wonton, fish ball, etc, or you can get everything. Give the paper to the lady, and she will give you a number. They don't call the number, you just need to return in 5 min or so to pick up, then you see on the counter next to your bowl it has your number on it, then you pick it up yourself, it is self service.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Feb 18, 2009 at 8:45 am