FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Allegiant Air Experience
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2009, 8:43 pm
formeraa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Jay71
Wanted to add some follow-up observations as we just flew BLI to LAS return on Allegiant this past week. A lot of stuff people have already mentioned but I thought it'd be good go reiterate to support their comments:

- Yes, no freebies onboard. Price example: $2 for a can of pop.
- Staff (check-in, flight attendants, etc) were all friendly
- Seat pitch and width was great. Probably one of the best I've experienced in economy (and even better than an Economy + seat I had). I'm a tad under 6' and could stretch out nicely with my legs fully extended.
- Yes, it seems you are SOL if things go awry. We initially almost had our return flight canceled because BLI was fogged in. After delaying for an hour, we took off for BLI but again almost had to divert to the airport in Pasco in SE Washington. However, while we were descending to Pasco, the pilot got word to try BLI again and we eventually landed in BLI. Point being, the pamphlet handed out and the word being given by the FA's was that if we had stayed in LAS or landed in Pasco, we'd be on our own to find accommodations until the flight left the next morning. The only thing Allegiant would do was to help you get "Distressed Traveler" rates at a hotel. Not even meal money.

I'd fly Allegiant again but only at a very good price and probably not if I could foresee a chance of inclement weather.
As for irregular operations due to weather, NONE of the airlines pay for anything anymore. It sounds like G4 is just that same as the major airlines. I'm surprised you would expect them to do anything more.