FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Constant Discounts on United Door-to-Door Baggage? Not Doing so Well? No One Buying?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:48 am
PanHam

Originally Posted by exbayern
I see it as another service offered, and some may well utilize the service. In Germany the rail system does something similar and I have many older relatives who embraced the service.

I did just discover something that disturbs me however! There is a 'loophole' to UA checked bag fees.

Apparently when one uses the airline check in desk at a Walt Disney World resort, one is not charged check bag fees, even if one does not have an exemption.

My fear is that any method of saving a penny on some Disney message boards creates a feeding frenzy. I need UA to collect that revenue because I need UA to continue to fly. Many of the passengers fully expected to pay, and were ready to pay, but through UA's contract with the local baggage handler they are not being charged.
But, if I understand your post, that is only one station, and it's not even at the airport? How much revenue could UA lose from not collecting bag fees at Walt Disney World resorts?