FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Employees upgrade over paid pax?
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2002, 1:37 pm
USSky

Let me see if I can help.

It has been my observation that the priority list is always cleared prior to allowing a non-revenue upgrade.

There are some contractual provisions that provide for pilots and flight attendants to be seated in first class or envoy, but to my knowledge, never ahead of a revenue passenger. An example of such would be a pilot or flight attendant jumpseating on personal or company business or an international crew deadheading to/from Europe.

I have seen the priority list not cleared should there be an insufficient amount of meals boarded (8 meals, 24 seats). Perhaps this was the case? But then again, I have likewise seen the priority list cleared with "pax advised no meal available."

Also, since new security regulations went into place, non US Airways pilots are no longer allowed to sit in the flight deck. These "jumpseating" pilots are customarily offered any available seat on the aircraft after boarding has finished.

I'm not quite sure what transpired, but do apologize for any inconvenience that resulted. And BTW, congrats on your new tier!