FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)
Old Feb 1, 2009, 8:15 am
submonte

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by aleinvolo
SCANDALOUS! The Rome Cavalieri Waldorf Astoria Collection hotels gives also to GOLD member free breakfast plus room upgrade or Colosseo Lounge access
The breakfast in the past (Westin) was different to the "Hilton Breakfast" or "Westin Breakfast" you normally get in those chain properties.

It was high class French buffet breakfast with a lot of pastries, freshly pressed juices etc., also different to e.g. Hilton ADT Paris.

I guess the breakfast is a "Gordon Ramsey product". Canīt remember the price, was not cheap (around 50-60 Euro buffet, around 30 Euro continental).

But in this case I would prefer if the quality remains like it used to be, and to pay for the breakfast, instead having some standard breakfast as a Diamond benefit, which would not fit to the noble atmosphere of the stay in the Trianon Palace, with view into the Versailles gardens.

Same thing with breakfast buffet at Intercontinental Le Grand Paris. The breakfast in Cafe de la paix there is incomparable to a standard breakfast. It is a great experience in a kind of royal atmosphere.

Do not misunderstand me please, nothing against a good "Hilton Breakfast", I like it. But I would like to have it at a modern or contemporary Hilton property such as ADT or other typical city hotels such as Hilton Frankfurt or Berlin. At Trianon Palace I prefer the breakfast I got the last years during Starwood times.

I never staid at Rome Cavalieri, so I have no idea about the breakfast there. As well I do not know the calculation, nor at Cavalieri, neither at Trianon Palace. It is not that I like to pay instead of having a Diamond benefit, I do not have money to waste. But we have to remain realistic. Gordon Ramsey will charge the breakfast to the hotel, the hotel to whom if it is a Gold or Diamond benefit? The owner? And he to Hilton?

In my eyes the Gold and Diamond VIP tiers have encoutered limits for the W=A collection "system".

Therefore I started a discussion about a special VIP tier for W=A collection frequent guests, see my following thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-vip-tier.html

Owners of this "W=A Club VIP tier" could have full benefits such as room upgrades, complementary breakfast, and more, in W=A collection hotels (and eventually CONRAD resorts such as on the Maledives) comparable to the Intercontinental Hotels Group Royal Ambassador card.