FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold envelope - Our gratitude to you
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:32 am
Thai-Kiwi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Is this different from what I've seen described as the ROP *Gold upgrade, which is valid for a roundtrip end-to-end and confirmable in advance? Mr. Megatop is Gold and he got this package. I'm trying to help him understand it so he/we can use the upgraded to greatest advantage.

If they are different, is there no certificate evidencing the ROP *Gold upgrade? If not, how do we claim that? He qualified for Gold in late 2007, and I believe (though I'm not certain) re-qualified last year.
To be clear....

Gold Upgrade (GUP). Standard, publicised and unchanged benefit of ROP Gold is a free round-trip upgrade per you gold pack (initial or renewal). Especially frequest fliers can earn a second GUP (GUP2) by flying 50k miles within the calendar year following qualification or renewal. refer the ROP handbook.

Gold Birthday Gift. An undocumented benefit that has varied over recent years. Last few years has been 50% discounted award travel around your birthday month. For 2009, has been replaced with a free 1 time, 1 way standby upgrade, per detail provided in recent posts by A_Lee (thanks)

So, megatoplover. This IS different...

cheers, TK