Wiki Posts
Search

Gold envelope - Our gratitude to you

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEXROP, TG Gold, BAEC Gold, BD gold
Gold envelope - Our gratitude to you

I am a new member and thought would just let you know that today I received a Gold envelope with the title Our Gratitude to You.

Dear bkkman,

The Gold Birthday Award has been one of the Gold Status benefits for the past four years.

In 2009 we are starting a new tradition, a special Gold benefit that will change from year to year, and a benefit we hope expresses our gratitude to you for continuing to choose Thai.

Enclosed is your personalized 2009 Gold Upgrade Certificate, valid for one flight segment upgrading on any international Thai flight.

Simply present your Upgrade Certificate at check-in with Thai, along with paid ticket in qualifying booking classes Y/B/M/U/C/D/J and your Royal Orchid Plus Gold Card. On availability you will be upgraded to the next class of service.

If seating is not available, retain your Upgrade Certificate for any international Thai flight in 2009. Please see the reverse side of your Upgrade Certificate for complete conditions.

which are in addition not stated above

upgarding is only valid for one flight segment on Thai operated flights.

no prior confirmation of upgrades

upgraded travel must be completed by 31st Dec 2009.

mileage accrual based onoriginal paid fare

certs are non-transferable and if lost or stolen cannot be replaced

Phew..........think that is all and hope it helps you guys who have to wait for a while for their Gold Envelopes to arrive.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Welcome to FT bkkman!!

And thanks for confirming the 2009 Gold Birthday Gift....

Cheers, TK
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
When you say "new member" do you mean that you just joined ROP or that you just qualified for ROP Gold?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Is this different from what I've seen described as the ROP *Gold upgrade, which is valid for a roundtrip end-to-end and confirmable in advance? Mr. Megatop is Gold and he got this package. I'm trying to help him understand it so he/we can use the upgraded to greatest advantage.

If they are different, is there no certificate evidencing the ROP *Gold upgrade? If not, how do we claim that? He qualified for Gold in late 2007, and I believe (though I'm not certain) re-qualified last year.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by brunos
When you say "new member" do you mean that you just joined ROP or that you just qualified for ROP Gold?
I have been ROP Gold since the creation ofthe program, yet I also received that gold envelope, yesterday.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

new member of flyertalk, I have been ROP Gold since last year and also a couple of years back.

Amex Platinum ROP is a great programmes as it offers 50% discount on Mileage reward companion tickets when buying F/C/D/U and I tickets from Thailand only. We also get a free First Class ticket to Europe if I buy 3 First Class tickets there and to to Hong Kong. They balso give another 50% bonus miles on selected routes in F/A/C/D and fastrack to Gold for only 25,000 miles when buying F/A/C or D class tickets.

Annnual spend gives I mile for every 25 baht spent with a 25,000 miles bonus if you spend ! million baht per year. Oh yes and double miles when buying tickets via Thai or about another 20 agencies.

This Birthday Gift is in adition to the round trip journey upgrade which I usually use for LHR and Australia and stopping off in BKK in either direction as that upgrade award is valid for upto 12 month ticket.

I beleive that BKK residents and maybe other Thai residents received there envelopes yesterday, other areas will follow.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Is this different from what I've seen described as the ROP *Gold upgrade, which is valid for a roundtrip end-to-end and confirmable in advance? Mr. Megatop is Gold and he got this package. I'm trying to help him understand it so he/we can use the upgraded to greatest advantage.

If they are different, is there no certificate evidencing the ROP *Gold upgrade? If not, how do we claim that? He qualified for Gold in late 2007, and I believe (though I'm not certain) re-qualified last year.
To be clear....

Gold Upgrade (GUP). Standard, publicised and unchanged benefit of ROP Gold is a free round-trip upgrade per you gold pack (initial or renewal). Especially frequest fliers can earn a second GUP (GUP2) by flying 50k miles within the calendar year following qualification or renewal. refer the ROP handbook.

Gold Birthday Gift. An undocumented benefit that has varied over recent years. Last few years has been 50% discounted award travel around your birthday month. For 2009, has been replaced with a free 1 time, 1 way standby upgrade, per detail provided in recent posts by A_Lee (thanks)

So, megatoplover. This IS different...

cheers, TK
Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:37 am

Programs: Thai ROP GOLD, SIA Silver Kris, QANTAS FF, Velocity Rewards, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by brunos
Given bkkman has only 2 posts in this forum, I think he means he is a new member here - not new to ROP...
Old Jan 30, 2009, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys for making things clear and yes I am new to flyertalk but ROP member for many years.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 6:37 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Thanks, Thai-Kiwi. ^ I'm not sure Mr. Megatop is aware of the GUP benefit. Need to discuss it with him. He's going to put this new certificate in his travel folder and try to use it sometime when he's in Y on a business trip, provided the flight is not on an AB6.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:18 am

Programs: Royal Orchid Plus Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum
bkkman,

Just wondering that you got the letter in English or you translated it from Thai to English and posted here. I have received the letter about a week already but in Thai language.

Last edited by aanon; Jan 30, 2009 at 10:31 am
Old Jan 31, 2009, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Hi aanon,

Was in English already.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: Thai Airways - Star Alliance Silver
I'm Thai and received a covering letter in Thai, however the certificate (and its Terms & Conditions in the back) is in English.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 5:00 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Has anyone with a mailing address in France received the certificate? I am still waiting on mine.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 8:23 am

no letter yet here in Japan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.