FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta is Retrenching....and perhaps giving some of it back....
Old Jan 26, 2009, 4:20 pm
mcjava

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
Originally Posted by hur88
Seems like they're making a compromise
Yes, somewhat of a compromise, but their solution does not address the core issue: award calendar sucks big time and for PM's who fly the most, and have the hardest time scheduling vacations, it is almost impossible to get the routing you want the first time.

I'm sure I'm considered one of the "abusers" of the previous "all reissue/redeposit fees waived" system. Since any type of change at all is considered a reissue, this 2 time waiver really means nothing. I have 400K miles to burn, and with this 2 time waiver, it will be slightly easier to burn them compared to zero waivers. But no way am I going to stick with DL going forward (sending match request to CO ASAP) and rack up more miles that I won't be able to use with my convoluted travel schedule that requires most award tickets to be tweaked or changed.

As others have said, DL's draconian decision to not waive reissue/redeposit fees for PM as a solution to the stated 'abuse' is the last straw for this once dedicated DL lover. Throwing the baby out with the bath water anyone?