FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]
Old Jan 24, 2009, 12:36 pm
Flying Lawyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I do not really understand the negative attitude towards this property. It offers one of the best harborviews in Hong Kong and is by far cheaper than the Peninsula or the IC. You just need to be aware:

• As a rule, there is no upgrade from the main hotel to the towers (however, there are exceptions to the rule). So if you want the towers book the towers.

• The Towers' benefits are to my belief well worth the extra bucks: Wunderful breakfast with a really great view (and no bunches of tourists around), an excellent lounge with a perfect view, free internet and laundry credit.

• As a rule, there is no harbor view suite upgrade in the Towers (There is to my belief only one harbor view suite on each floor). However, there are exceptions to the rule.

I staid there four times last year, booked a regular towers' room and always got one of the bigger towers' harbor view rooms. I really appreciate that they DO NOT UPGRADE from the normal hotel to the towers, this helps to keep these floors as as peaceful oasis. And to leave no doubt: I would never ever stay at the normal hotel. This is a tourist place, cheapo and (with the exception of view and location) not really a great place. But the Towers? Certainly very good value for money.