FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions about Wyndham Rewards Offers - points or miles?
Old Jan 24, 2009, 8:32 am
5.9LITRE

Questions about Wyndham Rewards Offers - points or miles?

I am going to be staying in a Wyndham hotel basically every week from now til end of May. I am currently not a ByRequest Rewards member but will be joining and booking the hotel today.

1) Are there any promotions that give you an initial set of points for joining? I couldn't find any.

2) Any referral sites like Amex BonusPointsMall or ebates/fatwallet that give you points for clicking through them or using a certain credit card?

3) Do you guys earn points or miles? I'd be earning a lot less per dollar but I think I might go with airline miles...

4) There seem to be 2 offers going on right now - one is 30% off and $100 gift card if you use your Amex (which expires in 6mths) and the other is double points or miles. When I tried looking online it seems to give you the rack rate for those which is much much higher than rates most people can get. Do you know if you can get your discounted rate, AAA rate, or corp rate and still be eligible for these offers or no? Wonder if it's better to just call the reservations number and see if they can do it or try and do it online.

5) If you were going to be living in the same hotel for basically 5 months straight (minus weekends) would you ask for any comps after a while? I wonder what I could even ask for. My team is going to be giving that hotel a LOT of business.

Thanks guys!!!