FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - proposal: break "airline programs" heading into four alliance-based headings
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:05 am
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JanoS-
I think that this is very logical proposal.

One addition: Exclusion of various smaller programs was probably due to too many airlines in the forum, as it was hard to find the one which you were searching for. Now if we split all airlines in 4 groups by Alliances, we can create sub-fora for smaller programs without loosing clarity.

Another: I would like to see the two-letter acronym of an airline on the beginning of each sub-fora. Therefore it would be "AA American AAdvantage" and "CX Cathay Pacific Asia Miles" ... Reason -- two capital letters are visible and you can find them easily by quick scanning the page with your eyes.

Last point: There is no need for "Systemwide alliance sub-forum" for each alliance, as each topic that is systemwide can be posted directly to the alliance group.
I wonder whether there might be a small misunderstanding here.

For the sake of clarity, I am not proposing the creation of new fora for alliances with individual airline FFPs as subfora but rather the creation of new headings (similar to the current 'Airline programs' heading) with airline fora remaining normal fora.

On the smaller programs issue, I agree with Jenbel. There comes a point when creating a forum for an individual airline FFP is counter-productive. If a forum does not create enough traffic, potential contributors won't bother looking at it. Beyond a certain level of activity, you are better off keeping smaller programs in a common forum.