FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dresscode on Commercial flights in First Class
Old Jan 13, 2009, 4:07 am
Kettering Northants QC

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by 4444
no doubt. i have worn flip flops in f. i fly fll-ewr, fll-las alot. i also wear a 15k rolex. does that make up for my shoes?
I can beat that - the best of both worlds - I have a 30K Patek Phillipe watch - cost me £10 about three years ago - I was assured it was genuine by the salesman.... at the market stall in Penang. Anyway 3 years on still going strong, looks great and doesn't lose a second with it's auto wind mechanism. I'll eventually leave it as part of my estate, it's holding it's value a lot better than my house at the moment Unfortunately, the fancier the watch the more I assume that, like me, you bought it in a market in Asia

Seriously, why the hell dress up smart to sit on a plane. F/J/Y it's all the same - public transport - I'm so clumsy why do I want to spill food and drink and ruin yet another £50 tie or look like a fool with a nice white shirt with a big stain on it. I'll be dressing for comfort and practicality i.e something to hide the consequences of my clumsyness along the way. If for some reason I need to look smart coming off any public transport I'll worry about that when I'm packing for the trip and 5 minutes before I get out of said Taxi, bus, train, plane.

Last edited by Kettering Northants QC; Jan 13, 2009 at 4:13 am