FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citicards 60 day/ one application policy
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2009, 4:29 am
forextrader

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Originally Posted by beachfan
1) So you can apply for two on the same day and then wait 60+ days, but if you only apply for one on that day, you have to wait another 60+days for the second one?

2) Also, if I'm churning for my wife, then it seems like I make a mistake when I list her as a secondary account holder as it prevents me from applying twice in her name for the 20k miles (I get 2500 for the secondary account, I"m leaving 17.5k miles on the table).

3) It makes no difference whether one is personal and the other is business?

Do I have this right? Thanks in advance!
Citi PERSONAL cards work on a 60 DAY cycle and Citi BUSINESS cards work on a 90 DAY cycle.

You can apply for 2 personal cards on the same day, but anecdotal evidence suggests this works for some and not for others.

Normally the month I apply for a business card and the month I apply for personal cards is different due to the different 60/90 day churn cycle.

However, January is the one time in the year when I am able to apply for personal and business in the same month - Usually I do this on different dates, but this time around I applied for EVERYTHING on the same date (Jan 2) - while I (and my wife) did not receive instant approval (we never do) - we received approval for ALL 6 CARDS (2 personal and 1 business for each of us).

What was interesting to note was that the credit lines on the personal cards were not big (only $3500 for each personal) the business card (where I state a rather small income) was given a credit limit of $12,000.

In a previous post someone did mention that they had more than one Citi business card for the same business - in the past when I have tried this I am denied - I first cancel my business card, wait a little bit, then apply for the new business card - never a problem doing it this way.

RE: Being turned down - I know you mentioned they said something about 1 year - unless you are concerned about number of inquiries on your credit report, I would wait 62 days say from the date of the rejection letter, and give it another try. OR - have you tried to call Citicards and ask for a reconsideration? Worst thing they say is NO - good luck