FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citicards 60 day/ one application policy
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2009, 1:35 pm
macboss

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Do you have any other cards with Citi?

It helps to have a (who cares what kind) no-annual-fee card with Citi that you hold onto "forever" (and use for something small every couple months to keep them from cancelling it for inactivity). It especially helps if the history on that card predates your recent churning activity by years.
Unfortunately, No. I only hv 3 Citi AA cards (2 personals, 1 business). The first one is the Amex (my first Citi card) which is about 3 months old. My oldest card is with Chase (1.5 years old). My credit history is pretty new.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Next best would be to take the first card you applied for and keep it for 11 months (ie, right before they charge you the first annual fee). Then take a card you get a few months later and also keep that one for 11 months. Cancel the others when you wish (it's possible to cancel soon after the bonus posts, and certainly one statement cycle later if you didn't have any further activity).
I heard that its possible to switch the AA card to a different program with no annual fee like the Citi Professional. I was planning to do this with my first AA amex card when the annual fee is due and keep the card forever to make Citi happy. Could someone confirm I can do this?

Also, I am planning to reallocate all the credit line of 2 cards to 1 card. Should I just keep lets say $200 credit line on the 2 cards?