FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baby in First
Thread: Baby in First
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2009, 11:35 am
YClass

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by LiviLion
Yes it is, any member of the public with the necessary method of obtaining a ticket (miles/money) and travel documents can purchase and travel. Sounds like public transport to me. If it was not public transport then it must by definition be private transport but that's just crazy talk.

I am sure the majority of pax are also quite considerate and can tolerate a bit of baby crying on a plane now and again.
Surely you can get any transport with the right money..... does that making everything public transport? Typically public transport is provided for the public by a state or supported by the state I would have thought. Often referred to as mass transit. In the case of flying I would imagine Ryanair is the closest to public transport - and the flight experience is similar to a London bus!

Remember we are talking about crying for vast majority, if not the whole flight, not a couple of minutes.

Actually I beg to differ. Hard to prove except by global poll, but from the general facial expressions on flights and comments in websites/articles they tend towards people not preferrring kids in premium class on a plane. Go on seatguru or was it seatexpert and look at their description of bassinet F seats for example (no I'm not basing my point just on that! lol).... In my business my colleagues definately don't like it (we all travel quite a bit in a variety of classes these days) and one whose parent works for BA keeps saying how when he was a kid he wasn't allowed in Club/FIRST due to 12yo limit (might have been the parents just saying). He wants it back.

Last edited by YClass; Jan 7, 2009 at 12:07 pm