FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Beijing Wangfujing {CHN}
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2009, 7:07 am
flying chef

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Hilton Wangfujing

Originally Posted by NeverStill
I've stayed at both in the last 2 months. Beijing Hilton is one of the long standing 5 star hotels, but it's in the northeast of Beijing on the 3rd ring road. The new executive lounge and rooms in the round wing are quite nice, but a bit noisier than tower rooms. The tower rooms that have been refurbished are also nice, but smaller. Service I've found in this hotel is great, and there's enough going on that there's a buzz to the place.

The new Hilton Wangfujing has a VERY soft opening now and probably won't have a grand opening until March. I've written a review on the thread for it. It's centrally located for shopping, Forbidden City, etc, but it's dead. There's nobody in the restaurants or the small lounge in the lobby. The rooms are nice, but the lobby is small and everything is still under construction, including the entrance steps and spa/pool.

So it really comes down to where do you need to be in Beijing? By mid April the Wangfujing hotel should be completely ready to open.

Just spent 6 days at the Hilton Wangfujing. A very nice property. Beautiful rooms. Well located to shopping (Wangfujing) and a 10-15 min. walk to the Forbidden City. Service staff is very attentive, but then again, hotel was almost empty. Staff's command of English was very good. Still some construction going on internally as well as across the street. Make sure you aren't on that side, since construction will often start early and go through the night. Only ate in the hotel twice...breakfast buffet at Vasco's is execellent, but pricey. Consider going to Food Emporium on the 6th floor of the APM Mall next door. A 'point and eat' place, but good value for very tasty food. If you're really adventerous, go to the Night Market for street food, such as noodles, satays, or even scorpions on a stick! Have a great trip!!

Last edited by flying chef; Jan 1, 2009 at 7:08 am Reason: mistake