FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MSP to KOA advice
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2008, 12:00 am
slippahs
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by LucWise
1. My general thinking is that if the price I see is in my price range, I grab it and take it.
I'd agree with this assessment. You can wait and hope for a better fare which may go or down depending on loads. If the price does go down, you can take solace in that the higher price is for peace of mind. For March--spring break travel I suppose?--it's an okay fare, but you never know.
Originally Posted by LucWise
2. I'm not sure how Gold companion upgrades work, but I just wanted to point out that no elites receive upgrades to/from Hawaii (unless they are Hawaii residents I think?).
Hawaii residents receive a limited number of space-available, capacity controlled upgrades. But yes, generally there's no elite upgrades on the overwater segment to Hawaii. So you can get a Gold companion upgrade (at the gate) for your companion on your MSP-West Coast flight and then no upgrades for the West Coast (SEA?)-KOA flight. Or, if you're flying MSP-HNL then HNL-KOA on HA, there'll be no comp upgrades for you or your companion on any flight.