FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New TSA requirements for address and DOB
View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2008, 9:51 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Andy1369
I'm a bit lost. From what I read in the ruling, reservations made within the 72 hour range will simply be required to include the required information, but there's nothing that mention additional screening. Maybe I missed something, though - could you please give us the specific wording?

Thanks
It is, as Global_Hi_Flyer pointed out, between the lines. My inside information informed me that it would take at least 48hrs if not slightly longer to run a passenger name through the vetting process. The reasoning behind this is unknown, except possibly for incompetence.

Because the passenger cannot be vetted in time, and there appears to be no mechanism to transfer the successful approval of a passenger from Airline A to Airline B, any passenger whose PNR is assumed by a carrier inside the cutoff time for getting them vetted by TSA will not be approved to clear into the sterile area without a secondary inspection.

Why can't the computer check be done immediately, or at least within 10-15 minutes? You got me.