FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bottles or cans of soda or beer in checked luggage @ 30,000 ft [Merged threads]
Old Dec 18, 2008, 1:34 am
sc flier

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
After meeting beckoa and others up in ANC on a business trip, I hauled a couple cases of Cheerwine up there during a followup visit last week.

I was quite proud of my packing job! I took the cans out of the 12-pack boxes and wrapped them in reused bubble wrap. I could wrap a line of 3 or 4 cans with one piece of bubble wrap while still keeping them from touching each other. Each case then went into a trash bag that I tied shut and sealed with packaging tape. Then into a reused Amazon.com box. (I love Amazon Prime!) Grocery bags provided additional filler in the box. I taped the box closed and put some extra tape around the corners and edges for extra protection from the baggage handlers and two connections including an airline change.

I was kind of sorry to give up the cool bubble wrap, though. Most of it was sticky on one side, and it was perfect for rolling up a few cans at a time. I saved it from when I ordered some English china bowls before my anniversary back in October. I knew that I'd find a good use for it before Christmas!