FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When did you begin to suspect you were flying NW a little too much?
Old Dec 17, 2008, 8:18 pm
DanTravels
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Question When did you begin to suspect you were flying NW a little too much?

Other forums here have "You know you fly (carrier) too much" threads, but I didn't see one for Northwest. Since we're going through the merger, I've chosen to title this one in a gentle past tense. But anyway... so, when did you begin to suspect this?

I've thought over a bunch of things I've encountered that were a little unusual. Not all of them were specifically due to "flying NW a little too much" - some could also be blamed on being a FTer, and others on doing things that gave NWA reason to believe I might have LTV that wasn't flat-out awful. But there are some that are really "familiarity breeds..." so I narrowed it down a little.

My first time: GA got on the plane to hand over the paperwork before closing the flight, pointed me out to the purser, told them to take good care of me, and gave me a hug goodbye.

My latest reminder: FA came by my seat and whispered how annoying it is to get the 2L jumpseat and have to listen to a silver elite in the exit seat gab about how they know everything and are all that. (On the same flight, at least 2 passengers asked me to help them with things, having apparently decided that I was just out of uniform...)