FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Early weather warning for YYZ
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2008, 4:01 pm
StuMcIlwain

I would like the opinion of FTers. I am flying YOW-YYZ-EZE on Friday evening for a vacation. I would really like to spend my vacation in Argentina rather than Toronto. The YYZ-EZE leg leaves at 23:55, hopefully after the brunt of the storm is passed. All flights to EZE for the next week appear sold out, so even if the flight is cancelled on Friday, I have faith that AC will make arrangements to get a planeload of passengers to EZE. My concern is what to do about the YOW-YYZ leg of the trip. The Rapidair flights are generally next on the list to be cancelled after all the Jazz flights. If I miss the EZE flight on Friday, it could be days before I can get a seat on another flight (Q fare ticket). I'm currently on AC467, arriving in YYZ at 21:13. Should I try to get AC to switch me to an earlier flight, even though the brunt of the storm is supposed to hit Toronto earlier in the day? Should I tell AC to cancel the YOW-YYZ leg and take VIA into Toronto instead? Or should I leave the booking as it is? Any other suggestions? Leaving Thursday isn't an option since YYZ-EZE doesn't operate on Thursdays.