Early weather warning for YYZ

Old Dec 16, 08, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Early weather warning for YYZ

There's snow tonight, but probably not enough to make things really bad, but the outlook for Friday is dicey, and Sunday may also see snow.

Just in time for the holidays...

Customers with flights to, from, and through Toronto on Thursday, December 18 or Friday, December 19, who wish to make alternative travel arrangements to travel earlier or later can do so without penalty, space permitting, through Air Canada Reservations at 1-888-247-2262; TTY: 1-800-361-8071.
Old Dec 16, 08, 10:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Thank God I'm flying out tomorrow night.
Old Dec 16, 08, 10:58 pm

storm is set for Friday...why are they including thursday in the flight advisory????
Old Dec 17, 08, 1:07 am

Programs: AS MVP
They're probably quite full on Fri and maybe Thurs night, trying to alleviate the situation by emptying some seats in advance so any cancellations can be protected.
Old Dec 17, 08, 1:17 am

Ugh, me and my travel luck. I am booked on AA Dep 515pm. Any chance AA will also allow me to change for free? Are the advisories based on the airline or the government?

Cheers,
Old Dec 17, 08, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Big Smoke(and mirrors) gets a little snow and chaos,frayed nerves,anxiety,....(pick one) sets in days ahead

When will the centre of the universe citizens learn that we still get winter
Old Dec 17, 08, 6:14 am

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by acysb87 View Post
Big Smoke(and mirrors) gets a little snow and chaos,frayed nerves,anxiety,....(pick one) sets in days ahead

I would think this may have more to do with opening up additional space for Friday as many domestic flights are already sold out in Y.

As a YYZ'er, I am still thankful we don't drive like complete morons when it snows like the Vancouverites!!! Why don't they at least slow down when it snows, pictures from last week have people barreling along at regular speed and then shocked they can't stop. Reminded me of bumper cars!!!
Old Dec 17, 08, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan View Post
Ugh, me and my travel luck. I am booked on AA Dep 515pm. Any chance AA will also allow me to change for free? Are the advisories based on the airline or the government?

Cheers,
This looks like AC's advisory. The government does not require it. WS hasn't issued a similar advisory yet.
Old Dec 17, 08, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by stinger View Post
As a YYZ'er, I am still thankful we don't drive like complete morons
What street is that? LOL
Old Dec 17, 08, 7:21 am

what abt saturday? ack!
Old Dec 17, 08, 7:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
so does this mean if I book a flight for friday I can ask for a comp change for my preferred flying day? Or do you still have to pay the fare diffrence?

Last time this happened they gave me a trip interruption manifest and I paid nothing out of pocket. Although I was relegated to the middle seat.
Old Dec 17, 08, 8:31 am

Actually, the funny thing is I don't think I've ever had a flight cancelled for which the advisory was made more than 2 days before the flight

Cheers,
Old Dec 17, 08, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
What is this "winter" you speak of? Please describe it.
Old Dec 17, 08, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RCyyz View Post
What is this "winter" you speak of? Please describe it.
Come 400km north,will give you a personal walkabout
Old Dec 17, 08, 8:59 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Customers with flights to, from, and through Toronto on Thursday, December 18 or Friday, December 19, who wish to make alternative travel arrangements to travel earlier or later can do so without penalty...
Yes well... I called the SE desk to change my YYT-YYZ flight to Saturday earlier this morning, and they were unable to help as their "computers weren't working". So I called again just now, and they rebooked me, but insisted on charging me a $55 change fee.

I pointed out the travel advisory information on their website, but they told me there was nothing they could do because they "hadn't been informed about it."

UPDATE: And I've just received an email telling me that charge has been refunded. Thanks AC!

Last edited by antirealist; Dec 17, 08 at 9:19 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: