FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thank you Delta! You are making it possible to surprise my girlfriend!!!
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:08 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er
when the writing is on the wall...

Why do you think she doesn't want to see you until April? Real girls don't like surprises. You should tell her that you are coming while you can still cancel the ticket.
Let us know how this turns out.

I'm with w0rldtraveler on this one. January is a funny time not to be able to get days off. With many people just having gotten back from vacation, most companies depositing the new year's days off into your bank, and many people wanting to bank vacation days for the rest of the year, it seems odd a company would not be able to accomodate someone who wanted a January vacation. Every company I've ever worked for has honored vacation requests made over a month in advance...

I'd call her and tell her that you may be able to go visit her Florida in January. Tell her you found a cheap flight for a certain day, but you need to book it right now and wanted to check if that would work. See if she comes up with a reason for you to not take the flight. ("I'm having surgery that weekend." or "I need to wash my hair that day.") If she seems okay with you visiting, call back in 15 minutes and tell her the fare disappeared, you won't be able to visit, and surprise her in Michigan. If not, save the SkyMiles.

Please post the results of your visit afterwards. Maybe long distance relationships don't all end in the way my cynical mind thinks they do.