FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thank you Delta! You are making it possible to surprise my girlfriend!!!
Old Dec 16, 2008, 11:28 pm
jcp411

Thank you Delta! You are making it possible to surprise my girlfriend!!!

So this isn't quite the forum for this I guess... but I thought I'd post it here anyway.

Next week after Christmas my girlfriend and her brother are going from Florida to a church youth retreat in Michigan. They are both flying using SkyMiles. I wasn't planning on going because she was coming out to Arizona next month... well that was until work canceled the idea and said she couldn't get the time off like they originally said she could (now it looks like April).

Because I had just went back to Ohio for her sister's wedding I couldn't afford to go to the retreat so soon after. But after I heard she's not coming out in January I decided I'd try and see if I can make something work out to go to the retreat (because April is a loooong ways off!).

Well it looks like I've got all clear from work, etc. and I've found some Delta flights that I can use my SkyMiles on. I'm really excited about this because I haven't told her anything about this and I was going to surprise her at the DTW airport when she got in. But it dawned on me tonight that I could find out from her brother what flight they are on ATL-DTW and I can probably work it out so that I can fly up from ATL on the same flight.

I'm really excited that this will probably work out! All thanks to Delta and SkyMiles! I got to thinking that probably, yes, Delta (and many other airlines) do this every day unknowingly for their customers but... I guess this means quite a bit to me (and I know it will to her) since we aren't the richest people in the world and we have to economize as much as possible.

I'm so jazzed about it I was thinking maybe Delta would be interested in taking our story on how they are making this happen as a promo thing they could use (like on their blog or something). I figured it wouldn't be too hard to accomplish since we will be in ATL. But I'm not quite sure who I could contact about this.

Just another one of my crazy idea... I know... if nothing else though let this post be a thank you to Delta!

Thank you Delta!

[Anyone got good ideas to make the surprise/trip even better?]

Last edited by jcp411; Dec 16, 2008 at 11:30 pm Reason: adding