FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Dec 13, 2008, 9:10 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by milesrus
...After three pages of this topic, It appears you aren't seeing the hints! I didn't say pay an additional $600. I suggested it would be a credit against your charges. You can spend that however you like, golf, Dolphin Quest, Restaurant whatever. It appears 90% of you disagree. So I come to the conclusion that 90% of you posters don't spend any money there. And others say the hotel gets $30 a night for these awards. It also appears that if your not willing to give them any money that you also demand breakfast. So luckly for the thousands of other people who do go there, and are spending money they would easily use up their credit. You wonder why the hotel is cutting back on the freebies? It appears most of these posters treat the hotel as some homeless shelter or some foodline.
Why this property? What about other Hiltons? How about Hampton Inns - they only get $15, but still offer everyone a free breakfast. I don't think HGI gets much more, but I can get a free breakfast there and probably eat my $15 worth.

You can't say HWV is a special class and deserves some sort of user fee for award stays and then tell every other hotel in the Hhonors system "sorry, not for you".

Last edited by bocastephen; Dec 13, 2008 at 12:05 pm