FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Dec 12, 2008, 9:01 pm
soonerfanatic

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
My wife and I checked in to the HWV on 12/7. As a Diamond member we originally sent a request via email 1 month ago to the generic email address, [email protected] and received no reply.....

Upon checkin, we were assigned a room on the ground floor of the Lagoon tower. We received our continental breakfast coupons....which say for Gold and Diamond members. I called down to find out the difference on how Golds and Diamonds are treated. Apparently, Diamonds receive preference on upgrades as the only difference. With the occupancy level at what it is right now I am disgusted with my lack of upgrade.

Service here is poor and no follow up from anyone on the condition of our room or stay so far. Do I feel like a well treated top tier level Diamond? -- No way at all.

Otherwise, the property and facilities are great.

Our first night was at the ResortQuest Kona by the Sea....hands down a better place IMHO and much better service -
Still no call that an upgrade is available......nor any follow up as to how our stay is.....

Expectations......as a Diamond, don't expect much, that way you will not be disappointed.