FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loyalmatch, sellingmiles.com, flyhub.com: has anyone used all three to sell miles
Old Dec 11, 2008, 12:32 am
flyerd
Suspended

Originally Posted by tom911
What advance arrangements do you make if the buyer is denied boarding at the gate by using your miles, or even worse, is denied boarding in a foreign country on the way back to the U.S.? Do you buy him/her a revenue ticket then?

There's actually a running thread on the UA forum about account audits for fraudulent activity, as well as a couple other related threads. Sometimes the airlines do find out about these things. Maybe you've just been lucky so far.

MP Audits - Recent Experiences?? [Merged Threads]

Account Audit

My account on audit, what???

The Mileage Plus Audit

Tom trust me I get your point, I know this, that is why I use companies like selling miles and flyhub, because they protect both parties and make sure the buyer is taken care of. With flyhub I actually get the ticket issued in the buyer's name and not sell the miles per say. Not sure how they'd figure that money was involved in the transaction. Airlines don't mind when frequent flyers give tickets away using miles, they only have a problem with this if the frequent flyer is making money in the process. But I guess should there be an audit, I suppose the buyer could call flyhub and they would resolve it. At least that's what their guarantee claims, well, not sure about the exact terms, I haven't read it. But then again this has not yet happened to me, and I hope it never does, clearly I sell my miles to help those who need it most, sure I make a few bucks, but I could live without, I have a job that pays me well.

I think for me it's more than that though, for me it's about something I feel strongly about. I meant it when I say I hope some greedy lawyer out there is already putting together some sort of class action lawsuit against the airlines. Someone needs to do this. Turn the table on them, they should get sued. Trust me, someone will someday. This just isn't right or fair, they've gotten away with this for far too long. Oh and by the way, have you tried getting a ticket issued with your miles recently? a lesson in frustration, a highway robbery, and just another reason why I reserve the right to sell those miles.