FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Proposal: Allow members to remove their IDs and expunge all associated posts.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 9:31 am
l etoile
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by underpressure
There are a number of OMNI posters who realized the silly things they have posted are actually attributable to them as real people. There has been a scramble for name changes and post removals.

That is my beef.... if people are not accountable for their words, the silly season will continue.
I see. But they didn't know their bosses/SOs/college deans/neighbors they've complained about would now be able to see those words. I think "silly season will continue until the silliness of changing the rules of Omni with no notice and no way of opting out is fixed. Can you imagine if the same had been done in a certain trading forum and posters there were now under the scrutiny of their various travel companies? Afterall, if the reason for this was that people were feeling "left out" and "unwelcome" well then we should certainly open up absolutely every private forum here. Heck, let's make private PMs open too. That should boost hits ...