FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA agrees to honor original terms of Early Bird Bonus
Old Feb 20, 2004, 10:28 am
gfowler-ord-1k
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
UA agrees to honor original terms of Early Bird Bonus

Updated 15:14 Mar 1 2004 US MST
To register for the Early Bird Exception Registration go to http://www.united.com/offer/mpd714 Do not contact Customer Relations like it is mentioned in many places in this thread.

GREAT NEWS
I know there are several threads on this but I think this deserves a new one.

I sent an email to Martin White (Sr VP Marketing) on the evening of Wed. Feb 18 and got a call from Mileage Plus a few minutes ago stating the following:
1. Apology for any missunderstanding on the promo terms
2. At the end of the promo, additional miles will be posted to my account such that the total is 5X of flight miles.
3. Any other people that contact Customer Relations will be given the additional miles. Contact them after Feb 27 or end of promo. Miles will be credited at the end of the promo.

What I was hoping to hear is that everyone would get the extra bonus without having to contact Customer Relations, but I guess this will have to do.

I will be updating my web site in a few minutes but I wanted to get this news out quickly.

BTW, Mr. White uses a BlackBerry PDA to read his email and was very prompt to my initial inquiry stating:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">It is. I look forward to your letter.

Martin
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld</font>

------------------
gfowler-ord-1k
Visit my web page on how UA is honoring their terms of the Early Bird promo.

[This message has been edited by gfowler-ord-1k (edited Feb 20, 2004).]

Edited to say contact after Feb 27. It takes a while for the news to get to all the staff.

[This message has been edited by gfowler-ord-1k (edited Feb 21, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by gfowler-ord-1k (edited Mar 01, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by gfowler-ord-1k (edited Mar 01, 2004).]
Edited to add www in front of the registration URL. did not work for some people without it

[This message has been edited by gfowler-ord-1k (edited Mar 12, 2004).]