FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMS to NWI via.... Belgrade??
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2008, 6:36 am
Aviatrix

AMS to NWI via.... Belgrade??

Well, that's the explanation that was (jokingly) offered by one of my fellow passengers here at NWI.

I am one of the increasingly frustrated passengers waiting for the combined KL1506 and KL1508 - I am booked on KL1508 so my problems aren't anywhere near as great as those of some of my fellow passengers.

KL1506 was cancelled.

Just before the scheduled departure time of KL1508 (1240) they announced an "indefinite" delay... and then left us completely in the dark from then on. Some of us decided to track our inbound flight on the Schiphol web site, where the departure information screen went from "Gate closed" at 1301 to "Departed" at 1310 (Dutch time - i.e., 1210 UK time). Still no information from the airport here.

Come 1300 several of us went to the window and started looking up the approach - even in the worst-case scenario (i.e., with a Polderbaan departure) the aircraft should have been here by then. But... nothing. And still no official information - just the "wait in lounge" message on the board.

Then, about ten minutes ago, we were told that the aircraft had just left and was due to land at 1400 UK time... that's when one of my fellow passengers made his remark about "via Belgrade".

Anyway, it's just landed (20 minutes earlier than they told us it would) so I'd better go.

Does anyone have any idea why an aircraft that left the stand at 1310 Dutch time would take until just before 1500 Dutch time to make the quick hop to NWI?