FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Annapolis [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:53 am
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

I came to this hotel after 3 stellar Hyatt stays, so it suffered by comparison. Still, once I adjusted my expectations, it was an acceptable 3 star hotel.

The hotel is switching over all the mattresses this week to the Sheraton mattress. It is also taking out all the CRT TVs and putting in large flat panel ones. The lounge is out of service during renovation, as were some suites. We got no upgrade.

We were originally given a room on the 6th floor, being inaccurately told it was a suite. There was a heavy chemical odor on the floor, I thought from painting or new carpet. I was immediately slammed with a headache. When we went back to ask for a different room, the front office manager came to speak to us. He was unaware of any odor, saying that no carpet or painting had been done.

We were then given a room on the 4th floor. We had chemical odor near the elevators, as well as some on entering our room, but not nearly as bad. As PresRDC said, I was struck re the wrinkled sheets and covers in both rooms. They must not put them thru a mangler.

The room was adequate, with bed, desk, dresser, and chair. The bathroom was small, but then it would be in any oldish hotel.

The hotel did do a number of things to make stays positive for guests.
  • internet is free for everyone. There is a business center off the lobby with 2 computers.
  • Evening appetizers (mediocre) and breakfast were served in the lobby, due to the lounge being closed this week.
  • Platinums are allowed 1 free movie, which would otherwise cost $16. You just have to tell them at the front desk when you check out so that they take it off the bill.

The hotel is right off the freeway, with easy access. It really is not for the person who wants to walk around the historic heart of Annapolis. We had a car, so it was fine for us. There is a large shopping center across the street with cinema.