FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 132 CCs and counting
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2008, 6:09 pm
jpdx
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
In the last year I've opened and closed 132 CC accounts for myself, my wife and my business. Unfortunately my kid is only 10, but I can't wait til he turns 18 so I can apply for him as well!

Most of the miles have been with AA, but also NW, UA, CO, AMEX MP, Delta, Citi TYP, Midwest, Starwood, and Hilton, for a total of over 2 million miles/points.

I am most proud, however, after years of telling my parents about the free business class trips we take all over the word, that my mother finally has the CC churning bug. And driving my father crazy!

Any other tales of CC excess out there?
132 applications is certainly impressive, but you could have gotten the same amount of miles with a lot fewer applications. Most of the cards you list (NW, UA/CO, DL/*W) rarely produce multiple bonus miles. You may have gotten multiple cards approved, and an occasional multiple bonus may have slipped through, but you mostly received bonus denial letters. Although we exchange information away from this site, our network of hardcore churners does have quite a few data points, enabling us to call BS on your story. Welcome to FT, though!