FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 17: the GLBT forum
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2008, 8:31 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
submitted by itsaboutthejourney
I'd like for each candidate to comment on the GLBT forum, do they support it? Any changes they'd like to make? Have they visited it?
I'm sure that I've never visited at least half the forums on FT, and GLBT is in that half.

It's for the participants in a forum to decide whether an existing forum is worthwhile and to vote with their participation or non-participation. Nobody is going to propose eliminating a forum that's serving members well and for which there is no logical alternate forum. I certainly wouldn't support elimination of a forum under those circumstances. Taking focused common-interest content and scattering it all over FT would be silly.

If forum participants come to the TB with a proposal to change something, and if the change has broad support, I'll consider that on the same basis as any other forum change.

Was this a rhetorical question, or does someone actually have a proposal in mind to change things?