FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn SYDNEY AIRPORT (SYD) Master Thread
Old Nov 3, 2008, 5:05 pm
GibSpmuh

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Sydney Airport overnight between an inbound DJ late-night arrival from CNS and a next-afternoon departure on UA to SFO. Can I take the train from the domestic terminal at SYD to the hotel? If so, where is the nearest stop and how close is it to the hotel? If not, how much can I expect to pay for a taxi from the domestic terminal? What about on the return, the next day from the hotel to the international terminal?
The Holiday Inn Sydney Airport runs a shuttle bus every 30-45 minutes (depending on the time of day) that picks up and drops off at both Domestic and International terminals. When I stayed previously it was free from the airport to the hotel and $5 from the hotel to the airport.

You can take a train to Mascot station, which is close to the Holiday Inn, but it will cost you $14 which is without a doubt a rip-off for a one stop trip! A taxi ride even with all the flagfall and airport fees will be less than that (and any of the taxis should get to go back to the front of the queue because it's a short trip, so there shouldn't be too much grumbling from them - not that it'll stop them! ).