FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis Chairmans Club Expierence
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2008, 11:30 pm
N9MD

Programs: Former COA Silver; AVIS Chairmans Club; AOPA
CC

Originally Posted by dimramon
Do they generally honor requests for particular classes?
There is absolutely no need to rent above the Intermediate class when you are a Chairmans Club member. I telephone the CC-desk the day before or morning of my flight and have them confirm that a Cadillac will be waiting for my arrival. Thus far I have gotten the STS just about every time ... and have never gotten a CTS (although my wife drives the '09 CTS AWD at home, making me quite jealous).

To show how well we CC members are treated, I had forgotten to call to confirm my Caddy at FLL last week ... so immediately upon touchdown at FLL, I fired up my cellphone while still on the taxiway, called the CC desk, and within 45 seconds the rep confirmed that a "gold STS" was in a slot with my name on it.

I have gotten the impression that the local AVIS managers (and their staff) shake in their boots when a CC member makes a request (or has a complaint). I have found a few of the CC desk telephone reps to be a bit cold and aloof at times ... but a reminder that I was invited into the CC by the AVIS higher ups always gets the rep to come down from her/his high horse and fulfill my deman.... er-r-r-r request.

Although I have not tried it personally, I suspect that a "pretty please" request to the station manager upon arrival at your destination will likely get you the full sized SUV ... if it is available. As I stated above, the local people quake because they fear a backlash from an unhappy Chairman ... while the CC-desk reps are essentially anonymous and probably fearless as well.