Original Poster

Programs: Avis Chairmans Club
Avis Chairmans Club Expierence

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by AvisChairmansClub; Aug 12, 2008 at 2:14 pm
Old Jul 7, 2008, 2:13 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Who is asking and why?

Anyhow, a good start could be this thread where both good and bad stuff are reported. Besides what's in that thread, my experience as a Avis Chairman has been more than excellent all the times.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 7:30 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Welcome to FlyerTalk! I assume you work with the Avis Chairman's Club, and, if so, it's quite nice to see you here. Can I make a suggestion that you perhaps introduce yourself by telling us what your position is with Avis and what your role is on FlyerTalk. We have some posters who are here as a official representatives of their company (Starwood, for one) and many others who are employees who post on their own time in an unofficial capacity. Are you here as an official representative of Avis?

Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2008, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CHM
Welcome Bobby

Last edited by ipd054; Jul 7, 2008 at 8:36 pm
Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:49 pm

Welcome Bobby, thank you for participating. Its nice of you to do this on your free time and much appreciated.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:56 pm

Some locations only charge Chairman's a normal retail price for gas if the car is returned with less gas than it left with. Others still charge a pretty hefty premium for it. IMHO, it would be the best benefit to have this be a standard benefit.

Also, it would be nice if there was some sort of standardized benefit chart for specialty cars. For example, when I go to KOA and OGG I like to have a jeep but there is no way to reserve that car type (though the lot is filled with them) and take advantage of Chairman benefits at the same time. The only way to do it is to specifically reserve a Jeep and pay the full rate for it.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:42 pm

Welcome Bobby, it's great having you here. I'm not sure in what light Avis sees employees posting here, but I would suggest that you insert a disclaimer to your profile stating that this is your own opinions etc:

Members menu -> MyFlyerTalk -> Edit Signature or Edit Profile
Old Jul 8, 2008, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by jgoodm
Some locations only charge Chairman's a normal retail price for gas if the car is returned with less gas than it left with. Others still charge a pretty hefty premium for it. IMHO, it would be the best benefit to have this be a standard benefit.
This isn't station-dependent for me. The market rate (usually a couple pennies less, actually) is printed on my contract, so is pulled directly by my account.

The #1 thing I'd like as a CHM is the ability to email the Chairman's Desk with whatever I need rather than having to call. (I have email addresses for a couple folks in Executive Services, but I mean just for standard stuff like would you contact station X and request Y car for me?)
Old Jul 8, 2008, 8:06 am

Thanks Bobby!

I have a generic Chairman's Club email, but I've not gotten responses from it so, even though it was given to me recently, it's not clear to me that anyone reads the emails.

What kind of requests are reasonable with respect to car type? The one thing I have put in my profile is what I don't want (no Town Cars), but I've never requested a specific vehicle.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Turns out that I just got an email from someone on CHM desk, using a generic chairmans desk email address.. so there is one... i wonder how usable it'll be.

'No Town Cars' is also in my profile

But depending on the trip and location I'll sometimes ask the Chariman folks to request something like, "would love a convertible" and then there's one waiting for me instead of having to ask to switch out when i get there.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Chairmans Club
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by AvisChairmansClub; Aug 12, 2008 at 2:16 pm
Old Jul 16, 2008, 11:23 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by gleff
'No Town Cars' is also in my profile
Also in mine, and it works.

I've had 99% great results with the Avis Chairman program. My favorite benefit is how much time is saved on the pick-up and return. My car is parked out front and ready to go when I arrive, and the valet return has made the difference between making a flight and missing it more than once.

Of course getting great cars is nice too

Where do you get the CHM email address? It's not on my card...
Old Jul 16, 2008, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by AvisChairmansClub
The chairmans desk email address is accessible to all agents & is a fully functional email
When I called the Chairman's Desk earlier today making a reservation at CPH, I asked the agent about the email address. She denied very strongly that they had a Chairman's email address, which I found hard to believe. She kind of questioned me why I would like to send an email, when [she thought] it was easier to call them. Huh?
Old Jul 16, 2008, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by heffa
When I called the Chairman's Desk earlier today making a reservation at CPH, I asked the agent about the email address. She denied very strongly that they had a Chairman's email address, which I found hard to believe. She kind of questioned me why I would like to send an email, when [she thought] it was easier to call them. Huh?
There's a general Chairman's email, but again, I don't know that it gets read. When I called for it, I was first given an incorrect address and then called back and got the correct one. It doesn't seem to be something that's used much or paid much attention to.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have the address. I've received a message from it. But I haven't sent anything there, so haven't tested response time or quality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.