FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone know the email address for a Hertz Customer Service Executive?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:18 am
rsnash

Originally Posted by Faraz
It was in Manhattan, this past weekend.

Here is the short version:
- Got to Hertz and queued up at the Gold counter line. No acknowledgment from agent for over 5 minutes. Finally I asked if that line was open. She said it was not...rudely.
- Got into the back of the normal line...at this point several others had joined. While everyone was waiting, the agent was non-nonchalantly chatting with another employee...absolutely no sense of urgency or even acknowledgment of the customers in line.
- When I finally got to the front (about 20 minutes later)...she announced there were no more cars!
- Could she not have announced 20 minutes ago that X cars were remaining and because there were more customers than cars, they will accommodate by doing a, b, c?

It was handled very poorly and everyone left unhappy...without a rental car. Mind you, everyone including myself had a confirmed reservation.
What recourse does one have in this situation? If you have a confirmed reservation and you are Gold, don't they have to provide you with a car? Should they walk you to another agency and guarantee the same rate? Should you call Hertz customer service then and there if the CR rep at the HLE is unhelpful?

I just want to know for future reference, as the worst issue we've had with Hertz is having to replace a smoked-in car (I'm very sensitive to cigarette smoke) or getting a car one level down from our reservation, which was price adjusted accordingly. The worst my dh has experienced is last week... He didn't get an upgrade as he usually does (poor baby) because they only had the one car left and his plane was late. Which reminds me, I'm going to call the location directly and remind them he's coming in late again this week!