Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone know the email address for a Hertz Customer Service Executive?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2008, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Just had a horrific experience at Hertz. Worst in over 10 years as a Gold customer. I would like to send an email with feedback to their head of customer service.

Does anyone the email address of a Hertz customer service executive?
Old Jun 12, 2008, 4:13 pm

Hi ,

I think it depends on which country you rented from I know when I had a complaint to make I was told that each country has its own customer services department.

Oh and do fill us in what have hertz done this time ???
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by Faraz
Just had a horrific experience at Hertz. Worst in over 10 years as a Gold customer. I would like to send an email with feedback to their head of customer service.

Does anyone the email address of a Hertz customer service executive?
Tell me the city you had the problem with and I can try to get you a contact for the SVP for that region.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Experience

It was in Manhattan, this past weekend.

Here is the short version:
- Got to Hertz and queued up at the Gold counter line. No acknowledgment from agent for over 5 minutes. Finally I asked if that line was open. She said it was not...rudely.
- Got into the back of the normal line...at this point several others had joined. While everyone was waiting, the agent was non-nonchalantly chatting with another employee...absolutely no sense of urgency or even acknowledgment of the customers in line.
- When I finally got to the front (about 20 minutes later)...she announced there were no more cars!
- Could she not have announced 20 minutes ago that X cars were remaining and because there were more customers than cars, they will accommodate by doing a, b, c?

It was handled very poorly and everyone left unhappy...without a rental car. Mind you, everyone including myself had a confirmed reservation.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 4:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I currently have an ongoing dispute with Hertz regarding a refund for unwarranted charges on a past rental, and have been in contact their Customer Services both by e-mail (using the "contact us" details from the website) and by phone.

Customer Services have not resolved my problem, and indeed the conduct of two of their agents has been particularly evasive and obstructive : one agent has invented numerous false reasons to deny my claim, and another has twice promised me the refund would be made immediately, but has not done so.

It has got to the stage now where I have no confidence in Customer Services, and wish to escalate to an appropriate senior manager with Hertz, prefarably in the UK. There's nothing on the website, who do I contact ? Thanks
Old Oct 9, 2008, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Write to exec

Here is what I did: go to their Investor Relations portion of website. Find the name of the executive in UK and write him a letter/email. cc customer service.

they sent me a coupon for $50 for my nxt rental. not great but guess its some recognition.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I currently have an ongoing dispute with Hertz regarding a refund for unwarranted charges on a past rental, and have been in contact their Customer Services both by e-mail (using the "contact us" details from the website) and by phone.

Customer Services have not resolved my problem, and indeed the conduct of two of their agents has been particularly evasive and obstructive : one agent has invented numerous false reasons to deny my claim, and another has twice promised me the refund would be made immediately, but has not done so.

It has got to the stage now where I have no confidence in Customer Services, and wish to escalate to an appropriate senior manager with Hertz, prefarably in the UK. There's nothing on the website, who do I contact ? Thanks
Hi

I would be happy to provide you with a contact email address etc so that you can escalate this issue. Please PM me and I'll PM you the details so that this can be addressed.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 2:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by olivetti
Hi

I would be happy to provide you with a contact email address etc so that you can escalate this issue. Please PM me and I'll PM you the details so that this can be addressed.
Just a followup on this : one post on FT, one PM and one e-mail was all that was needed to achieve a very positive outcome. Once escalated, Hertz dealt with the issue swiftly and effectively. Thanks. ^
Old Oct 19, 2008, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL Gold (2.5MM program miles), Airtran A+ Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle

Try [email protected]. Terry Graham is responsible for Hertz Customer Service worldwide. That got me a VERY prompt response to my problem. You should also cc [email protected].

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/[email protected]
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Faraz
It was in Manhattan, this past weekend.

Here is the short version:
- Got to Hertz and queued up at the Gold counter line. No acknowledgment from agent for over 5 minutes. Finally I asked if that line was open. She said it was not...rudely.
- Got into the back of the normal line...at this point several others had joined. While everyone was waiting, the agent was non-nonchalantly chatting with another employee...absolutely no sense of urgency or even acknowledgment of the customers in line.
- When I finally got to the front (about 20 minutes later)...she announced there were no more cars!
- Could she not have announced 20 minutes ago that X cars were remaining and because there were more customers than cars, they will accommodate by doing a, b, c?

It was handled very poorly and everyone left unhappy...without a rental car. Mind you, everyone including myself had a confirmed reservation.
What recourse does one have in this situation? If you have a confirmed reservation and you are Gold, don't they have to provide you with a car? Should they walk you to another agency and guarantee the same rate? Should you call Hertz customer service then and there if the CR rep at the HLE is unhelpful?

I just want to know for future reference, as the worst issue we've had with Hertz is having to replace a smoked-in car (I'm very sensitive to cigarette smoke) or getting a car one level down from our reservation, which was price adjusted accordingly. The worst my dh has experienced is last week... He didn't get an upgrade as he usually does (poor baby) because they only had the one car left and his plane was late. Which reminds me, I'm going to call the location directly and remind them he's coming in late again this week!
Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by OldRoyal
Try [email protected]. Terry Graham is responsible for Hertz Customer Service worldwide. That got me a VERY prompt response to my problem. You should also cc [email protected].

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/[email protected]
Has anyone tried emailing Terry Graham about customer service issues they have experienced? Any success stories in regards to responses from him?

I emailed the [email protected] email but no response in over a week.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 8:01 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Has anyone tried emailing Terry Graham about customer service issues they have experienced? Any success stories in regards to responses from him?

I emailed the [email protected] email but no response in over a week.
You can try [email protected]

After not getting any response from the form on the website, I emailed Customer Relations and received a response 3 days later. Although I am disappointed with the response as they basically didn't offer to do anything to resolve the issue.

I guess there is always Avis...
Old Apr 20, 2009, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by turbov6
You can try [email protected]

After not getting any response from the form on the website, I emailed Customer Relations and received a response 3 days later. Although I am disappointed with the response as they basically didn't offer to do anything to resolve the issue.

I guess there is always Avis...
Yeah that email was no help.

I have just experienced some pretty terrible customer service from Hertz YYZ and I am seriously thinking of taking my measly $6K/yr of business elsewhere. (but start from 2002 and that's roughly $50K that I've spent on them so far)
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:56 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yeah that email was no help.

I have just experienced some pretty terrible customer service from Hertz YYZ and I am seriously thinking of taking my measly $6K/yr of business elsewhere. (but start from 2002 and that's roughly $50K that I've spent on them so far)
As a long time YYZ T1 renter, what kind of problems have you had?

-Brian
Old Apr 23, 2009, 4:40 am

Programs: BAEC; AmexP; ICH Plat Amb; HH Gold
I'd like an email address too

After two reminders sent, after a month I received a reply that had no connection with my query to customer services about a possible upgrade. I gave that one up.

Now, I have a query that I really do want answered.

Is there anyone in Hertz management who I could email, with a hope of a reasonable reply? My query is:

"Reservation: E3180xxxxxx

On March 14th when I made (and printed out) this reservation the "Approximate Total" was 1249.75 USD.

Today, when I checked the details online the 'Review Reservation View Popup' page shows the "Approximate Total" to be 1396.78 USD.

1). Why are you increasing the price?

2) And, why is this being done without informing me?

3) Was it intended as a 'surprise' at pick-up, when it's inconvenient to argue?

Please confirm that the original reservation price will be honored."

Any help/advice will be welcomed! Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.