FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Things You Order To Make The Server Say "huh?"
Old Oct 19, 2008, 9:36 pm
ConciergeMike
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by dannyr
Does anyone else order something on a regular basis that they have to explain to the server?
My mother and one of her friends, who are both FTers, have a disease. It's called "offthemenuitis". They absolutely under no circumstances can order something exactly as it is listed on the menu. They ask questions and quiz the server and ask about the content of side pieces of the dish and make no less than two requests of the kitchen to subtract or add or replace certain things. So, in short, when dining with my mother, almost everything requires server explanation.

I have one personal explanation that I need to make: I like to, on occasion, drink Water Moccasins. I've never come across a bartender who knows what it is.

Last edited by ConciergeMike; Oct 19, 2008 at 9:41 pm