FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2008, 8:10 am
aaupgrade

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I thought perhaps you weren't searching properly, but I went and checked myself and you are absolutely right. No standard awards for any night over the next 50 weeks!

This hotel, nor any other, is exempt from providing minimum amount of Standard Award availability. Now there are the following hotels that do not fully participate in Stay Anytime Rewards as noted in #13 of Marriott T&C found here:
- JW Marriott Capri Tiberio Palace Resort & Spa
- Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora
- Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa

I would bring this to the attention of Marriott Concierge as all hotels are required to make a certain amount of their inventory available for Standard Awards. Now some hotel's Standard Award availability goes quickly, but to not have even 1 night of Standard Award available for the next year is totally unacceptable no matter what excuse is made. Reservations may tell you that all Standard Awards have been booked but that is BS. Not that they are purposely lying, just that is their standard response. Anyone who is interested in booking a Standard Award at this hotel should press this issue for the benefit of all of us.

See this link for previous information from Marriott Concierge: Marriott Concierge - lack of inventory availability

Last edited by aaupgrade; Oct 19, 2008 at 2:01 am