FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Beijing Wangfujing {CHN}
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2008, 8:46 am
jakeryan1

Programs: AA LT Plat
Hilton Beijing Wangfujing {CHN}

Stayed there recently and it shows that the soft-opening is very much so soft.

Pros -
- Very good location. 15 minute walk to Tian'an Men & Forbidden City. Right next to Wangfujing and a decent mall.
- The rooms are huge.
- Bathroom is nice, separate shower & tub. Rainfall shower heads in addition to regular shower heads
- Close to the subway station (both the Wangfujing and Dong Dan station)

Negatives:
- A lot of trainees at the checkin desk. Had a mix reward / paid stay. Took a long time for them to check me in and check me out cause they couldnt figure it out. Made me re-checkin after the reward stay ended and checkin for the paid portion. It can't be that hard.
- Construction is flimsy -- slidings doors broken, leaks between the shower and toilet area
- Concierge service mixed -- asked them to make a reservation at Made In China. Never called back to confirm reservation. Had to call them again.. when I got to the restaurant, my reservation wasnt there.
- Construction is still going on. So if you plan to be in the hotel between 9-5, there will be construction noise.

I would say in a few months, this can be a really good hotel in Beijing with an excellent location for a lot of tourist sites.

-jr