FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who needs a mileage run from YVR?
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2008, 6:15 pm
ramsfan

Programs: AC MM SE; SPG Plat; Hilton Gold
I think i will requalify this year at SE --been there since the beginning-- but until i got 2 additional european business trips recently i was not sure.

Its been interesting watching these MR ideas, and thanks to those who bring them here to the AC part of the forum as i find the specialized MR part a bit overwhelming.

If i do need a MR --which i now doubt-- are there ever any for carribean out of Toronto or montreal? i would stay a few days so it may not strictly be a MR, but same idea.

BTW, i really do not understand the MR idea of comming right back. Almost all destinations have something of interest. For the person wondering what to do in Dallas -- well Fort Worth is an old west town with a daily cattle run and great stake houses. Surely worth a day. And Margaritta Girl, i remember reading about your Japan MR. I cannot recall if it was Toyko --real easy to spend a day or 2 there-- or Osaka --several days in Kyoto are great--but i do not understand why folks do not leverage off these as the person going to see cold play is. Why the in /out? Surely we all have hotel points too that can cover a night or 2. And if you have to pay for hotel you still get value from what you see and break the journey.