FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to get from McArthur to City
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2008, 4:41 pm
stevenshev

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
McArthur? I'm not sure I've heard anyone call it that. Islip.

Anyhoo...I'm certainly not the expert on LI here, but right from the ISP website:

There is shuttle service from MacArthur Airport to the nearby Ronkonkoma train station:
Colonial Transportation of Long Island offers convenient shuttle service between MacArthur Airport and the Ronkonkoma train station (LIRR). The shuttle van departs the train station daily at 5:30am, then departs the airport on the hour and half-hour from 6:00am until 10:30pm. Curbside pick up at the airport is directly in front of baggage claim. The shuttle will pick up and drop off at the North Platform of the Ronkonkoma train station. The one-way fare is $5.00 per person. Cash and credit cards are accepted. All rates are subject to change without notice.The Suffolk County Bus Transit also offers hourly service to and from MacArthur Airport to the train station with the S-57 Bus except Sundays and(No service, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day or Christmas). The fare is $1.50.The Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) offers frequent service to Penn Station in Manhattan from the Ronkonkoma train station The train ride is approximately one hour and 25 minutes.The train fare currently $9.75 (non-rush hour times) into the city will take you to Penn station which is located in Manhattan at 33rd street and 7th Avenue. From there you can get to your ultimate destination by subway or by taxi.