FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [GONE April 2018] W New York Lexington Ave [Master Thread]
Old Sep 30, 2008, 8:58 pm
sbtinme

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by El Boocho
Room was fine except for the no curtain/blinds in the bedroom on the glass door to the balcony! The door was right at the foot of the bed. It looked like there used to be something attached to the door, but had broken off and no one bothered to fix it. I realized this after midnight and since I only was staying one night I sucked up the 6AM sunlight wakeup call.
That happened to me this summer at the new Westin Reston (VA) and I can tell you, it was miserable. There should be NO excuse for any well run hotel to have exterior glass (window/door) that does not have light-blocking blinds or curtains. Like you, I was forced to get up around 5:40am on the day of a long international flight out of IAD. Not pretty. I hope you took the time to lodge a clear complaint about the lack of window treatment.